" CRAZY DIETS: Telephone Diet

Friday

Telephone Diet

I'm calling this the "Telephone Diet" because I was thinking of ridiculous diets me and my girlfriends attempted while we were teenagers back in the 80s. Most of these diets were relayed by my friends to one another via telephone, you know we didn't have the Internet back in the stone ages. I've decided that is a good thing, because knowing me I would have had a Myspace page with dirty pictures of myself and/or ran off with an Internet predator.

My mother usually wrangled me into dieting along with her by bribing me with whatever item I as coveting at the time. Leather pants and a Louis Vuitton bag come to mind. "If you'd just lose 25 pounds ___you'd be perfect!" Funny thing is I look at those old photos, I was so not overweight and would kill to be as thin. Being a teenager I often didn't listen to my mother and instead did whatever my friends were doing.

Of all the bizzaro homemade diets my friends came up with, this I think this wins as the most unappetizing:

Breakfast -1 hot dog microwaved
Lunch - 2 hot dogs microwaved in baggie from home OR if hot dogs were on school lunch menu on school hot dog, no bun, no condiments. 7-11 roller hot dogs were ok as well.
Dinner 2 hot dogs microwaved or boiled
Drink - Diet Coke or Tab

Have you vomited yet? I love a good hot dog, but if I recall correctly, my friend Susan who came up with this cockamamie diet plan and myself didn't make it past one week. We said screw it and ended up with our own individual two liter bottles of Sun Country Wine Coolers and both ended up showering her parents lawn with tropical punch tinged hot dogs.

Other sad attempts of coming up with our own diet plans revolved around similar schemes of only eating one item-Cap't Crunch, Toast, and Rice Cakes.

Oh to be young and thin!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out my journey to weightloss and some of the stuff I've tried at http://chubbygirljourney.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you,
I'm from Japan.
Glad to meet you.

Indeed I am sorry,Please link to this site.
Keep it up please.

Anonymous said...

hey, the concept of telephone diet although sounds funny but its quite interesting to read.Good work!

Unknown said...

hey, congratulations for such an interesting post.Do visit www.healthpoints.info for more health related issues.

Anonymous said...

really cute dog, and although it shouldn´t be it is a very funny hot dog:) nice pic!

Anonymous said...

There are so many diet plans around, no wonder nobody knows which one to pick.

Manmeet N said...

Useful site, i have taken note of this, pls keep posting.

also click to see (Heart Health)see
Top 5 heart disease and cancer causing foods try to avoid them....
Heart Health

Trans Solutions said...

Nice & Funny post.

Good Work.

Trans Solutions | Offshore Transcription Services

Braniff Watson said...

That is the cutest dog ever! I wish my dog where that young again.

Mesothelioma Cancer Blog said...

That is some inspirational stuff. Never knew that opinions could be this varied. Thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.