" CRAZY DIETS: Food Stamps and Dieting

Tuesday

Food Stamps and Dieting

I am a single woman, who unfortunately has to live off of food stamps for the time being. I am very grateful to have them, don't get me wrong. It has been very humbling, needless to say. I think I get a pretty generous amount being single,. $200 a month. And you  know what folks, I am able to eat very nicely and healthy. They don't limit what you can buy except for hot prepared foods. BFD, I say.

Without going into boring detail, they screwed up my allotment for last month, so this month I had an extra $100 to spend and I spent it wisely, stocking up my pantry so I am not tempted to eat crappy food and cook. I am prone to shopping ADD, hell I have ADHD, but anyway, so I decided to chose one cusine to focus on for the month so I wouldn't end up with ingredients for Asian, Mexican and Italian food and have nothing to make. This month it was Italian, and just now I had a great salad of mixed greens with tonno tuna (chicken of the sea) and some wine vinegar. Healthy, and I have enough for two more salads, plus some tuna to eat tomorrow.

What I am getting at is, if you are like me, don't think because you are on the man's tab you have to eat shitty food. Shop wisely, use coupons, and eat healthy! buzzoole code

14 comments:

Social Weight Loss said...

Well I hope everything will get better in the future, just keep positive girl. Stay fit and healthy=)

منتدى منقول said...

Very nice article, it is useful for me

Best Regards,
http://o5t.net/

diet said...

Chinese medicine food- Medicinal food is kind of food which can be used for dietetic therapy, and is processed through cooking. The final result is a combination of Chinese traditional medical knowledge and cooking experience.

ovarian cysts said...

I really like your post especially that you share your diet program. I do hope that you will achieve your goal without harming yourself. Just stick to effective ways like exercising, eating fresh fruits, drinking a lots of water and etc.

sherley of beginners diet said...

You are living in healthy lifestyle.

Keep it up..

diet pills said...

It must be too hard to have a certain amount of money for your food, but look at on the brighter side you get to save up money plus you choose to eat healthy.

Lee said...

I am glad to hear that someone is putting the government benefits to use by improving their health. Things will get better in the future just keep the faith and stay dedicated. Nice post.

belly fat

mutuelle swiss life said...

thank you for this post interesting

Dave Clark said...

Nice post! Once I lived on almond nuts and water for 2.5 days and lost a quarter of a stone. That was crazy too!

Anonymous said...

great article, thanks for your honesty. natural diet pills

doryan said...

Wow this is really helpful, such a nice article to have a healthy lifesyle!

Best Solution For A Healthy Body

rugged breed said...

Its good to hear that you can still eat healthy foods!

Zero Dramas

diet tips said...

i love chenese food its yummy n healthy

Natural deodorant said...

Hi...

Hmmmmmmm very tasty blog.
Thanks for share