" CRAZY DIETS: Is It Possible To Lose Weight Without Excercise?

Monday

Is It Possible To Lose Weight Without Excercise?

sloth

Personally, I've never dropped any el bees without getting my ass off the couch. Between work and sitting at the computer, secretary's spread has been the bane of my existence, and any time I've decided to NOT exercise that spread, well spreads. I can dine on all the carrot sticks and water I want, if I don't move, I don't lose. For those who do, God Bless you and your high metabolism. I was born with the metabolism of a sloth.


So all that said, Tim Ferris, author of the "Four Hour Workweek" (Which is not unlike my favorite song by Bandway "Four Day Weekend") has an interesting post on his blog about "How to Lose 20lbs of Fat in 30 Days...Without Exercising." (I must say I like his style, no excercising, a short work week, I wonder if he's single?)


The diet is a bit male-centric, but then what isn't. He's based it on the diet of ultramarathoner Dean Karnares who used it to train for 50 marathons in 50 days. Wait a minute, don't they exercise to marathon? It's a lot of good proteins--egg whites, chicken breasts, legumes, whole grains, small meals, a little vino,and well a lot of monotany.


I'm going to try this one out and report back. I fell of the wagon at the BlogHer conference. I know, I know. I should have found some Pro-Ana bloggers to hang out with vs. the foodbloggers! I'm all about simplicity, and this one doesn't involve a humongous shopping list. If I lose any weight without donning a leotard and a sweatband, I'll be happy as a clam. Check it out and let me know what you think!

0 comments: